Decimals Using LEGO® Bricks—Teacher Edition (Paperback)
In Brick Math's Decimals, students learn what decimals are and how to do computation with decimals. This Teacher's lesson guide includes chapters on:
- Introducing Decimals
- Ordering Decimals
- Decimals as Money and Time
- Adding and Subtracting Decimals
- Multiplying Decimals
- Dividing Whole and Mixed Numbers by Decimals Using a Grid Model
- Dividing Whole and Mixed Numbers by Decimals Using a Place Value Model
- Dividing by Decimals Using a Grid Covering Strategy
- Linking Decimals, Fractions, and Percentages
Students learn to use the real-life applications of decimals as money and time. Each chapter guides the teacher through the lessons step by step. The lessons move from basic to more complex.
Modeling with LEGO® bricks helps students visualize the math and develop deep understanding of data and statistics concepts. Most students learn these data and statistics topics between grades 5 - 6.
Using LEGO® bricks to model math provides a universal language. Students everywhere recognize this manipulative. It’s fun to learn when you’re using LEGO® bricks!
Share on Social