Basic Fractions Using LEGO® Bricks—Teacher Edition (PDF)
Many students struggle with learning fractions. Teachers struggle, too, in finding ways to teach the concepts. LEGO® bricks help students learn the mathematical concepts through modeling.
In this book, the hands-on activities using LEGO® bricks help students learn:
• how to recognize fractions
• the vocabulary of fractions
• how to define a whole and represent parts of different sized wholes
• how to add and subtract with like and unlike denominators
• how to represent and understand mixed numbers and find equivalent fractions
- recognize fractions
- use the vocabulary of fractions
- define a whole and represent parts of different sized wholes
- add and subtract with like and unlike denominators
- represent and understand mixed numbers and find equivalent fractions
The book starts with the most basic concepts and focuses on a specific topic in each chapter. Most students learn these concepts between grades 2 – 6. Using LEGO® bricks to model math provides a universal language. Children everywhere recognize this manipulative.
It’s fun to learn when you’re using LEGO® bricks!