Basic Fractions Using LEGO® Bricks—Student Edition (Paperback)
Student Workbook for Basic Fractions Using LEGO® Bricks
Many students struggle with learning fractions. Teachers struggle, too, in finding ways to teach the concepts. LEGO® bricks help students learn the mathematical concepts through modeling.
In this book, the hands-on activities using LEGO® bricks help students learn:
• how to recognize fractions
• the vocabulary of fractions
• how to define a whole and represent parts of different sized wholes
• how to add and subtract with like and unlike denominators
• how to represent and understand mixed numbers and find equivalent fractions
The Student Edition includes baseplate diagrams for students to work along with the teacher, drawing their models and explaining their thinking in writing. It also includes a student assessment for each chapter and a chart to track the student's progress.
Share on Social
- recognize fractions
- use the vocabulary of fractions
- define a whole and represent parts of different sized wholes
- add and subtract with like and unlike denominators
- represent and understand mixed numbers and find equivalent fractions
It’s fun to learn when you’re using LEGO® bricks!