Fraction Multiplication Using LEGO® Bricks—Teacher Edition (Paperback)
In Brick Math's Fraction Multiplication, students learn learn the “why” behind the math, not simply the rote procedures for multiplying fractions. This Teacher's lesson guide includes chapters on:
- Multiplying Fractions Using Iteration
- Multiplying Fractions by Whole Numbers
- Multiplying Unit Fractions by Fractions
- Understanding the Commutative Property
- Multiplying Fractions Using an Area Model
- Multiplying Mixed Numbers with Like Denominators
Each chapter guides the teacher through the lessons step by step. The lessons move from basic to more complex. Fractions typically make up the largest percentage of most standardized tests and are one of the most complicated mathematical content areas for elementary school students.
Modeling with LEGO® bricks helps students visualize the math and develop deep understanding of data and statistics concepts. Most students learn these fraction multiplication topics between grades 5 - 6.
Using LEGO® bricks to model math provides a universal language. Students everywhere recognize this manipulative. It’s fun to learn when you’re using LEGO® bricks!
Share on Social